On Tuesday the 25th of May (13.00h – app. 15.30h) the NOVIMAR team will organize a stakeholder meeting to communicate findings and recommendations on safety and human skills to authorities. In Work Package 5 “Safety Issues and Human Skills” various impacts of semi-autonomous shipping on safety, regulations and human skills have been researched. This has culminated in a Recommendations Deliverable.
At this webinar, the NOVIMAR partners will present the main findings of the project with a special focus on vessel train operation safety and related human factors. The webinar will be completed by the CCNR, to provide some information on the state-of-play of the regulatory work on automation within the CCNR.
- 13:00 – 13:10 | Opening – Erwin van der Linden, EICB
- 13:10 – 13:20 | NOVIMAR Vessel Train concept – Robin Brink, NMTF
- 13:20 – 13:30 | Recommendations for VT vessels design – Igor Bačkalov, University of Belgrade
- 13:30 – 13:40 | Recommendations for VT Control System – Maarten Flikkema, MARIN
- 13:50 – 14:00 | Recommendations for VT operation & cybersecurity – BV
- 14:00 – 14:10 | Recommendations for VT operation & navigation – Rainer Kaiser, DST
- Coffee Break
- 14:20 – 14:30 | Recommendations for VT-related human factors – Colin Guiking, MARIN
- 14:30 – 14:40 | Recommendations for VT operation insurance & liability – Robin Brink, NMTF
- 14:40 – 14:50 | Recommendations for VT operation approval – Wa Nzengu NZENGU, BV
- 14:50 – 15:05 | State of play: regulatory work on automation – CCNR
- 15:05 – 15:20 | Closing Remarks – Erwin van der Linden, EICB
Do you want to attend the NOVIMAR Stakeholder Meeting? Please contact Niels Kreukniet via firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about NOVIMAR: www.novimar.eu